As a newbie in OpenCart, I was a bit lost when I first tried to change the default currency of my OpenCart installation. I’ve been working on a project built from OpenCart for some months now and today I want to share to you how to do the latter in five simple steps:
- Login to your admin account in the OpenCart Administration panel. In the menu, go to System > Localisation > Currencies. The list of currencies already set will be displayed.
- Click the Insert button. A form will appear that looks like the one shown below:
- Provide the details as needed. Make sure that the currency code you enter is correct. In the example above, I’ve set my default currency to Philippine Peso by setting the Value field to 1. Don’t forget to select Enabled in the Status field. Click Save to confirm. Make sure that you set the correct Value to the other enabled currencies you are using relative to your default.
- In the main menu, go to System > Settings. Select the store you’re using by clicking Edit next to it.
- Click the Local tab. Find the Currency field and select the new currency you’ve just added. When you go to the frontend of your store, clear your browser cache to see the change and reset your existing cookie.