Suppose you want to forward emails that you receive from a Gmail account to multiple email addresses. Luckily, there is a way to do this in Gmail using Filters.
- Login to your Gmail account and go to your Mail settings located at a menu at the top right corner of the screen (look for the button with the gear icon, you can’t miss it).
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab. At the Forwarding section, click Add a forwarding address button. Enter the email address that you want your emails forwarded.
- A verification email is sent to the email you specified. Login to that email account and follow the instructions in the email to verify it. (You can verify it via a code or a link provided in the verification email.)
- Once verified, repeat steps 2 and 3 until all the recipient addresses are specified.
- Click the Filters tab and click Create a new filter link. According to Google, Gmail’s filters allow you to manage the flow of incoming messages. Using filters, you can automatically label, archive, delete, star, or forward your mail, even keep it out of Spam — all based on a combination of keywords, sender, recipients, and more.
- Choose a search criteria. Here, there are different ways to filter the emails that you want forwarded. For example, you only want emails from firstname.lastname@example.org to be processed (forwarded) by your filter. Simply enter email@example.com in the From field. Click Test Search afterwards to check emails that would have been processed by your specified search criteria. Once you are satisfied, click Next Step button.
- Choose the action that you want applied to the emails you selected. In this case you will want to check the Forward it to checkbox and select an email in the dropdown menu. (Expect to see the forwarding addresses that you entered in the last steps)Click Create Filter to confirm.
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 for each forwarding address that you entered. Once done, the filters you created are listed in the Filters tab to edit or delete.
You can test it when you receive a mail that belongs to the criteria you chose is sent to the Gmail account. It should be relayed to other emails you entered nicely with a copy of the original email in the Gmail account.
Congratulations! You’ve just learned how to forward emails from a Gmail account to multiple other email addresses.